Holly's "Fudgey" Black Bean Brownies
Today’s recipe comes from my friend Holly Monster who introduced me to the wonders of the black bean brownie. Holly’s a Certified Eating Psychology Coach, Certified Culinary Nutrition Expert and Precision Nutrition Coach. On her off time she’s deadlifting heavy things, shopping for organic meat or hanging out on the dance floor.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. mesquite powder
- 1 tsp. lucuma powder
- 1/4 cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8”x8" glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Spoon into baking dish and smooth out batter to edges.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on top (optional but adds a nice crunch!)
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out perfectly clean.
- Allow this to cool completely before slicing and serving.